We are living in an age in which technological change happens at a higher rate than ever before and provides an abundance of exciting opportunities. The result is an evolution of changemakers who are motivated to make an impact on the way we live and look at the world. But these changemakers need help in order to stand out in today’s fast-paced market, where innovations are launched every day and enormous investments are needed to bring solutions to scale. They need the foundational structure of a brand that can give them the investments and influence to turn their idealistic ideas into impactful innovations. Only then can they reach the millions of people required to spark a systemic change that makes a large and lasting impact. In turn, the brands that nurture these changemakers become known as visionaries and attract other creative thinkers who can further strengthen their success. But becoming a brand that’s a driver of change demands first changing the company’s attitudes and actions. To help brands become better catalysts of change, BrandingMagazine.com featured five savvy suggestions.
1. Stay Focused and Firm on Your Purpose – The only way to create an impact is by defining the desired change and then developing a clear vision of how the brand can contribute to that change. First, a brand must decide how its products and services will better our lives and the world. Then, it must make that purpose its promise and conform to it without compromise. The key is remaining true and transparent since any lapse could lead to mistrust.
2. Tap into Your Target Market’s Mind and Motivation – People’s attitudes drive their actions, so brands must understand their desires and drives in order to motivate them to make a change. Many companies go to great effort and expense to research the way their target thinks. They spend time with them, engage with them, learn their stories, and hear their fears. This gives a brand a better idea of what real people really want. And these insights supply the information for how a brand can create real change.
3. Open Up Minds by Opening Up Your Brand – The way to make people conform with comfort is by building a bond of trust. The best way for brands to foster that feeling is by embracing people into their culture, which makes them more open to embracing change. When brands welcome people into their world and allow them to enhance the brand, consumers develop a fondness that makes them follow the brand’s lead.
4. Share Stories to Spark Support – Storytelling is a powerful way to inspire desire and influence action. Stories are also more memorable and meaningful than many other forms of communication because they strike a personal chord. Telling tales is a tool for connection, so by sharing stories between brand and consumer, relationships can be built and memories can be made.
5. See Change as Good for Best Results – Change is never easy, whether you’re advancing it or adopting it, but a brand must be comfortable with change in order to create that comfort in others. Accept that change takes some effort and expense, but know the results will help better the brand.
With the world changing at lightning speed, companies and their branding firms need to evolve with the times and the trends. But brands have the choice to chase after the change or become the ones who inspire the impact.
Click here to see original article.